Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Fling: Our Warm Weather Walking Essentials

As I write this, it is a balmy 37 degrees outside and the forecast calls for snow, but you know what they say, March snowstorms bring April....something.

Despite this week's cold temperatures, a 64 degree high last Saturday was a sure sign that Spring is (finally) on its way. Still, even a promise of an afternoon high can still mean morning walks are brisk, breezy, and sometimes rainy (like we need more moisture after all this snow!). Below, the things we're loving to stay cute while staving off all the April Showers!

1. Barbour Bedale Jacket

To say I am obsessed with my Barbour Bedale jacket would be an understatement. This brand's equestrian-inspired waxed jackets have long been a favorite of British royalty, spotted on everyone from Duchess Kate to Princess Di and even the Queen Mum herself! They are a perfect light Spring layer on brisk days, and the optional zip out lining and snap on hood make sure you are armed for any sudden transitional weather changes. The price tag is daunting, but with trendsetters such as Olivia Palermo making them stylish for streetwear as well as sweatpant-clad strolls, I know I will be getting enough daily wear to make the investment worth it!


The unisex "Bedale" style has been spotted on everyone from Prince William & Kate Middleton to Olivia Palermo
2. So Low Yoga Pants

I first fell in love with So Low's super soft foldover yoga pants at a small store in Boulder, Colorado while I was still in high school. At the time, the brand was a small start up (designed by the owner's sister and fellow Colorado native), and I was thrilled to find the pants worked well on my athletic legs and hips without being too large in the waist (the clever foldover waistband allows you to adjust the fit and rise with ease). Since that day, the brand is booming, and now the pants can be found at major retailers such as Bloomingdale's as well as at solowstyle.com.



3. J Crew Leopard Print Baseball Hat

6:30am walks mean two things: sun in your eyes and less than perfect hair. A baseball hat is the obvious answer, but since I am not what one would call an avid sports fan, I feel a little silly representing a team I know nothing about. That's why I'm so excited about the recent rising trend of pretty baseball hats, especially this fun leopard one from J Crew. The shape may scream sporty and casual, but the print is 100% girly and fun!


Practical and cute for the Spring sun!
 4. For Holly: Weatherbeeta dog blanket

I would be remiss if I didn't mention what Holly will be wearing during our transitional weather walks! We love our equestrian-inspired pup coats, and the Weatherbeeta rainstop windbreaker is a personal favorite for days when it is a bit chilly and rainy. It's got a bit of fill to stave off early Spring breezes, and the rain resistant material ensures that she stays warm and dry. As a bonus, she can match my parent's horse and donkey, and the only thing we love more than equestrian-inspired coats is matching ensembles!


There is a possibility I oversold how willing Holly is to walk in the rain, even in a cute jacket :)
Until Next Time, Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment