Monday, May 5, 2014

Paw-sitively Fabulous: Bark-fest at Sniffany's!

Ever since I had my professional photos taken with Holly last year, I have been dying to do another shoot, this one inspired by Holly's namesake, Holly Golightly, and the iconic New York City scenes of Breakfast at Tiffany's. I was lucky enough to snag the only NYC portrait session with Seriously Sabrina Photography, a super-talented Kentucky photog who luckily loved the idea as much as I do! We are currently planning out the session, which will take place just after Holly's second birthday party, but I thought I would share some of my ideas in advance!

In case you aren't familiar with it, Breakfast at Tiffany's is a 1961 film based on the Truman Capote novella of the same name. In one of her most iconic roles, Audrey Hepburn plays Holly Golightly, a girl who came from a small farm town to the big city and reinvented herself as an Upper East Side socialite (sound like a little dog you know?). I plan on styling our shoot based off of the opening scene, which was shot in front of the Tiffany's Flagship on 5th Ave at 5am, and to this day is a dorm-room poster fixture for just about every female college student:


To get the look, I plan on wearing a similarly shaped black sleeveless dress I have from Banana Republic, my string of large freshwater pears (my mother refers to them as "jawbreakers"), and vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses in white and gold. Etsy has some great vintage black glove options that I am excited to try out (I have my eye on a pair from the 1930s covered in rhinestones!). I will still have a fresh blowout from Holly's birthday party, so I may stray from the image a bit and go with my hair either down or half up rather than trying to execute a complicated updo!

Of course, the most important styling will be for Holly Golightly (pup version) herself! I plan on having her wear her fancy birthday dress (we won't reveal that until the post on her party), dressed up with some Audrey-inspired accessories. I found a pearl collar and leash I love on Etsy, which I think will add the perfect touch of glam and make her look the part of a fashion icon and movie star!

Pearl collar via Etsy. Buy it here.
Faux Pearl Leash for Toy Breeds. Buy it here.
And of course, the photoshoot would not be complete without a certain Little Blue Box...a Little Blue Squeaky Box, that is!

Sniffany & Co. Toy; Haute Diggity Dog via Amazon.com.
Would you do a movie-inspired photoshoot with your pup? Which movie would you choose and how would you style it?

Until Next Time, Darlings!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds adorable and absolutely fitting for your puppy! Love the pearl necklace, what a great touch. :D

    Always,
    Mostly Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out--of course I will post my faves here :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. OMG I can't wait to see the pictures!! I love the little blue box plush toy, Lily needs a little blue box of her own!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is so cute??? They also make a bed that looks like a Sniffany & Co. box but I'm more partial to the "Fur-cedes," it's hilarious! The company is Haute Diggity Dog and they sell a ton of their toys and beds on Amazon :)

      Delete
  3. This is just the most darling thing! I bet the photos are going to be totally adorable! I don't have a dog but I do own a cat. Though I don't really see my kitty being a good picture taker :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca!! No, I don't imagine that a kitty photo shoot would go over so well, I've had many a cat in my day and picture posing tended to happen on their own terms. And outfits were definitely not an option haha!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete