Monday, November 3, 2014

Little Holly's Big Book Club: Book Four Wrap Up and more Pup-Friendly Book Suggestions!

Hello Darlings!

I can't believe it's already November. I know I said that last month, but not it seems like I blinked and we're just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Holidays!

While blinking this month, though, I DID have time to read our book selection, Travels With Casey (the long plane ride with no wi-fi helped immensely). I loved Benoit Denizet-Lewis's story of travelling the country with his semi-reluctant pooch to learn more about America's dog obsession. I laughed, I cried, and I realized that there are some pet parents who are just as crazy about their dogs as I am!

Though this book marks the official end of our Summer-turned-Fall book club adventure, I did come across another series of books I had to share with you all. I discovered Chet and Bernie Mysteries while at a small independent book store in my home state of Colorado, and the shop owner guided me to the first two books so I could start from the beginning. Having just started the first one, I already know that these will be at the top of my Winter reading list, and that I will be reading them all!
Another plus about this series: solid dog puns. I love a good dog pun. 
Chet and Bernie are a crime solving duo of a Private Investigator and his pup, who acts as narrator of the stories. Reading about crimes from a pooch's perspective is hilarious, and the mysteries definitely suck you in! I have to remind myself not to pick up the book before bed because I get so involved in finding out what happens I forget to sleep :)

What's your favorite book about dogs? Have you read Travels with Casey or any of the Chet and Bernie mysteries? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

Until Next Time, Darlings!

1 comment: