Friday, July 4, 2014

Paw-sitively Fabulous: Mom & Pup Fashion for the Fourth

Hello and Happy Fourth of July Weekend!!

Holly and I are so excited to be travelling back to Colorado this year to visit my family for the Fourth, especially since my mom's birthday is the Fifth! We had a great Fourth of July with friends last year, but Holly was not a big fan about being in close proximity to the fireworks, so we have learned our lesson and will instead be sticking to a low-key evening barbecuing with family far far away from any big scary noises!

I'm also really excited about the outfits I have picked out for Holly & myself this year. Usually I keep my Fourth of July look low key with denim shorts and my American Flag scarf, but as soon as I saw these pants from the Gap I knew I had to indulge. The pattern is definitely patriotic but not so over the top that I can't wear them with a chambray shirt to work post Fourth festivities.


For Holly, I have an "Uncle Sam" costume from last year that she does look quite dashing in, but I can never really help but shop around for new wardrobe options for her when the opportunity presents itself :). And she's happy wearing whatever as long as people tell her she looks cute and I let her dig while wearing it (really mostly the second one)!

This year, I'm loving the Ralph Lauren Flag Hooded Dog Fleece, though I am a little worried that it could get warm in the July heat. For an evening outdoor BBQ in Colorado, though, the little bit of extra warmth might be just right!!


I'm also completely head over heels for this Miss USA dog dress, but it seems to be sold out everywhere in Holly's size!! If someone happens to stumble across it in their internet dog outfit searching (this is a thing people besides me do, right?) leave a link in the comments! I will be eternally grateful :)


Of course, the thing we're MOST excited to wear this holiday are our matching sparkle Fourth of July bows from Jumping and Jellybean. I know I have talked up this shop before, but Molly seriously makes the most adorable things, and I can't help but keep adding to my growing Jumping and Jellybean collection!

Holly senses there may be another matching outfit in the works.
PS--I'm also seriously obsessing over her latest coffee cozy, which is not only a seriously cute compliment to my upgraded walking wardrobe, but also benefits a great rescue organization!! Sparkle, puppy love, and proceeds to charity? Trust me, it's already in my cart :)


Have a fun & safe Fourth of July!

Until Next Time, Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment